Front and Back of House – Cafés, Bistros and Restaurants
From the moment a diner enters your café, restaurant or bistro they expect high levels of cleanliness, hygiene and customer service. Appealing food display, helpful service and a friendly atmosphere will all help build a strong relationship with your customers. This workshop teaches your team how to excel in delivering outstanding customer service. Whether it’s a take away coffee or a fine dining experience, the impact of the staff’s attitude and presentation will create the memory of an excellent beverage or meal.
Who Should Attend
This practical and motivational workshop should be offered to wait staff, counter staff and relevant members of the kitchen team. Supervisors/managers should also attend so they can support staff implementing the ideas from the workshop.
At the completion of the program, participants will have a clear understanding of the Catering Customer Service Performance standards. They will be knowledgeable in the basics of food preparation and understand the requirements for the hygienic handling of food. They will also be able to deal with patrons in a professional and hospitable manner.
Topics Covered in this Workshop:
- Tips for setting the scene for diners in both food service and seating areas - introduction to the ten step checklist
- The importance of dress & grooming when establishing a good first impression
- The six secrets to making diners feel welcome
- Identifying when diners need assistance and dealing with questions and queries
- Proactive assistance (explanation of costs/arrangements)
- Effective handling of transactions
The key elements of food presentation and handling:
- Food freshness and quality
- Food range
- Food taste
- Displaying of food
- Standards of hygiene
- Cleaning - front of house
- Back and Front of House working as one for the diner’s enjoyment
- Handling transactions quickly and efficiently
- Making the farewell a great last impression